Sunday, December 2, 2012

SMYTC Holiday Nail Art Challenge: Red and Green

Hey ya'll! Sorry I've left my nail gals hanging but it's been a crazy few weeks for this mama. I have decided that in order to really get into the Christmas spirit I will be joining a fantastic group of bloggers in the SMYTC Holiday Nail Art Challenge. We will be posting pictures every other day with different Christmas themes.


                   
Today I was having a hard time deciding how I was going to incorporate red and green. I just do not dig those colors together. I even decorate my tree in blue and silver so it's just not my favorite combo.

So I decided to try my hand at some free hand nail art. Don't laugh, ya'll!!
On my thumb I have a wreath, middle finger is a Christmas Tree (if you can call it that. LOL) and my pinkie finger was an attempt at a gift with bow on it. :-)


Here's the closeup of the Christmas tree. My undies are the stunning Essie Leading Lady. My index and ring fingers have a 12k white gold top coat from Ninja Polish. In this one the flakes are smaller than He Went to Jarred but both of these gold tops are to die for!!!
                                     
This is supposed to be a wreath. LOL. Yes, I need much more practice on my freehand painting. I will get there, ya'll. A few months ago I didn't have nails at all so one step at a time for this reformed biter.
There you have it folks! It's my red and green manicure. I hope you'll stick with me and check back during the challenge. I will be pushing myself to get better every single time I paint these babies.

And of course, you can the beautiful red and green manis of my SMYTC nail goddesses on their blogs. Link is below. ;-)


 Loading InLinkz ...

9 comments:

  1. I think it looks great! Especially for someone new to blogging. Challenges really are the best way to improve nail art skills though! When I look back at nail art i was so proud of at the time I realize how far I've come. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been through some of my favorite blogs and checking out some of their nail art in the beginning. It gives me faith that if I keep practicing I can be as good as they are one day. :-) We've all gotta start out somewhere right? And I love doing this sort of thing. Thanks for checking it out, Rebecca.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations On you pretty mani. I have awarded you the Liebster Blog Award. Come to my page for more information.

    http://janetplanetnails.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great mani,April!!!I've nominated you for the Liebster award!!!Get more info here:
    http://redpolishorbadpolish.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award-nominations-on-road.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated you for a Liebster award too!! :) There is more information on my page:

    http://thetreadwaysjourney.blogspot.com/2012/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww...they are soooo cute! Love the designs and the color combos. Great job! I adore your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi April! So sorry it took me so long to get back to you (Glittery Fingers & Sparkling Toes). Thank you so much for entering my giveaway and I'm thrilled to be following you! P.S. Look for a Liebster award from me too, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This website was... how do I say it? Relevant!
    ! Finally I have found something which helped me. Thanks
    a lot!

    Also visit my homepage :: Wholesale Jerseys

    ReplyDelete