Saturday, February 2, 2013

Galaxy Nails for Erica's Nail Art Challenge :-) Day 1

Today I am starting the February Nail Art Challenge being hosted by a super sweet friend of mine and nail goddess, Erica. ;-) Her blog is one of the 3 that got me really into nail art and polish. So I am going to give the challenge thing another shot!

Day one is galaxy nails. People say that this is easy to do in their tutorials. I didn't find it very easy. LOL. I asked family and friends what they looked like. When they answered "galaxies" and "the Milky Way" I thought I'd leave well enough alone. LOL.

So here is my first attempt at galaxy nails.

 I used a ton of colors here. My base color is NailNation 3000 No Rest for the Wicked. It's a true black holo. I love it. I love everything Maria's makes. But, anywho, afterwards I used torn makeup sponges and dabbed on other colors. There were so many I don't even remember what they were now. Sorry, folks, maybe next time I will remember to write it down.
 This in my attempt to get the card in proving I just did this. Sorry for not getting it all in there Erica. 
I also used little star decals/stickers on the index and ring fingers.

 And this wouldn't be MY blog without me trying to turn this mani holo. Of course, I totally pulled it off. I added one coat of Girly Bits Hocus Pocus on top. Here is glorious beauty that is a holo top coat.
 Yeah, I am hooked on holo. Maybe I can get over in the future. Probably won't be the very near future though. Look at the rainbow on those nails. Ahhhhh!
Below is the outline of the challenge. So stay tuned to see how my half moon mani turns out.
Check out the other lovely ladies that have created galaxy nails. See ya'll back soon. Thanks for stopping in.

19 comments:

  1. These are awesome! They look like a comet shooting across the galaxy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia. I can't wait to try this again. I believe this could be a look I'd fall in love with. It could be done so many ways. :-) Thank you for stopping in.

      Delete
  2. I love that you put those little stars in there! So cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelli. I was afraid they were overkill but I just had to give them a shot. When my son (just turned 4) told me they looked light the night sky, I stopped and snapped pics. LOL

      Delete
  3. Beautiful, I love them! And Hocus Pocus really makes this mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica. I loved how Hocus Pocus pulled me back to liking the look of it. I'm so excited to try the half moons next. Thank you for hosting the challenge.

      Delete
  4. These are fabulous! Add in the holo and they are extra fab! I'm loving looking through all our challenge entries and how we all work the same theme so differently! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Sam. It's so nice to see how all of the other lovely ladies interpret the theme. So many different types of manis and all of them still have the galaxy feel. I love it!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty! I love the holo goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! I need holographic polish, that looks so awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holy cow! Loving the holo! <3 SO gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. logistics companies in india Om Logistics has serviced over 1500 cities with the help of staff members who are always on call no matter where you are or what time it is.
    logistics service

    ReplyDelete